Since we have been in Hawai'i, we have hiked several times. The hike that we did on Sunday morning was the most beautiful! We started at the base of one of the mountains near John's house and hiked to the top. It is called the Ridge Trail because you are hiking along the ridge of the mountain. We were so high that we were even with the helicopter tours that travel around the island...probably about 3500 feet! John's neighbor, Tom Frasier, took us on the hike. He is in some serious shape, especially considering he is 65! He loves hiking, and probably does this trail 3 times a week. His best time is a little under an hour (up and down)...it took us a little over 2 hours.
These were some of the trees that we saw along the way.
I love that they are so twisty!
This is a Hawaiian wildflower.
I can't remember the name, but it comes in red, yellow and white.
So you really can't see me, but I am in the center of the picture running down the mountain...Lindsay, Tom and I ran all the way down while the guys took their time and took pictures.
We love jumping pictures, if you can't tell. This is on the top of the mountain.
This was our group...Gav, Linds, Tom, me and Chris. We made it to the top! The sign in the middle says "End of Trail". We were very proud of our accomplishment!
1 comment:
Sorry, Reis' but I think Gavin wins this round of jumping pics! ha ha Was he a cheerleader?! joking.
Post a Comment