Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Here Comes The Sun...

On Tuesday morning, we woke up at 3:00am (no that is not a typo) and drove 1.5 hours to the top of Haleakala (Hall-a-aka-la) Mountain to watch the sunrise. Even though it's been in the 80s during the day, it was freezing on top of the mountain...10,000 feet above sea level. We literally put on all the warm clothes that we had brought, and we were still cold.

Gavin and Lindsay in the Haleakala Observatory. We waited inside where it was warm until 6:15, then we stood outside to watch the sunrise.

This was the beginning!

This is how cold we were (I'm on the left in the red and Lindsay is on the right). Not only was it freezing, it was misting rain. I don't remember ever being so cold! Even when we ran in the Jog for a Cause 10K in Alpharetta in the sleet, I wasn't as cold as I was on Haleakala.

It's starting to peek through the clouds.

Here it comes.


Sunrise, 6:34am
(Chris took all of these pictures)

No comments: