Saturday, March 6, 2010

Friday Night at Stella Blues...

Friday was a pretty chill day. We started our morning with a hike down to the waterfall. As you are driving down the mountain from John's house, there is a turnoff where you can park and hike down. We reached the bottom of the waterfall (it's fresh water) and hiked up it a little bit. The rocks were slippery...good thing Gavin and Chris were there to keep us steady. We turned around after a little bit and headed back up to the car. We drove down to Kihei (Key-hay) for lunch at Maui Tacos. We ate our food at a picnic table by the beach. The weather was beautiful...80s and not as windy as it has been. So Linds and I decided that it was the perfect weather to lay on the beach...we didn't get pelted with sand! Gav and Chris snorkeled in the reef nearby. We stayed in Kihei for 2 hours, and then headed back up to John's. We had to be back by 5, so we could shower. John and Kalele were taking us to Stella Blues for dinner. Eric Gilliom and his sister Amy Hanaiali'i Gilliom were playing a private concert. They are Hawaiian musicians, and she has been nominated for several Grammy's. They actually sang with Jaime Foxx at the Grammy's this year. We sat down to eat an amazing 4 course meal...shrimp kabobs, salad, mahi mahi and apple crisp...while Eric and Amy sang. They have amazing voices! They grew up doing musical theater, so they sang several of those songs and lots of jazz. It was a very entertaining evening!

Chris and I waiting to sit down to dinner

Gav and Linds...they were color coordinated

Linds and I enjoying our amazing dinner

Kalele is very talented at making flower arrangements, corsages and leis. She made these for us to wear in our hair. They were made with gardenias from John's garden.

John and Gavin

Kalele and John

1 comment:

Katie B said...

Your pictures look like so much fun!!! I almost can't look at them b/c they make me jealous! What I wouldn't give to be skinny and in Hawaii with just my husband right now!....my parents said they enjoyed getting to spend time with you and Chris at PAO! I'm glad you got to go to that!