Monday, January 25, 2010

NFC Champion New Orleans Saints are Super Bowl Bound

In January of 2005, Chris and I watched the Super Bowl together for the first time. Five years later, here we are going to the Super Bowl together for the first time! God is so amazing! What an incredible season and an awesome experience! Some of you might not know, but the Saints have never, repeat NEVER, been to the Super Bowl...ever! So, it's so incredible that we get to be a part of Saints' history! We're the first New Orleans team to start the season 13-0, the first New Orleans team to win an NFC Championship, and now the first New Orleans team to go to the Super Bowl. I still can't believe it...I'm kinda in shock. Two weeks from now, we will be in Miami, FL playing for an NFL Super Bowl Championship...so crazy! Anyway, here are some pics from last night. They are in reverse order...celebration first!!

After the game, lots of players and their families went to Rock n Sake (a sushi place downtown) to celebrate. Here is Usama Young (#28) and Chris.

Nick Leckey (#60) and Chris

Chris' Dad (Mike) and Chris

Me and Erin Leckey (Nick's wife)

Some of the guys with some family (L to R: Family Member, Nick Leckey, Chris, not sure, Troy Evans (#54), Marvin Mitchell (#50) and Demario Pressley (#90)

Here are some of the wives celebrating the win (L to R: Kassidy Thomas, Brittany Brees, Beth Ann Evans, Jill Evans, Rachel Miller, me, Erin Leckey and Mandy Strief

Here are Chris and David Thomas (#85)

Chris is showing off his new NFC Champion shirt, hat and today's paper

I love this picture...absolute chaos after we won!!

Here is the owner, Mr. Benson, celebrating

For those of you who didn't watch the game...the Saints beat the Vikings 31-28 in overtime! It was an unbelievable game!! Afterwards, I felt like I had run a marathon. I was so exhausted from all the up and down emotions...but it was worth it!

This is the coin toss before the game.
We won the toss before the game and in overtime!

2009 American Idol winner Chris Allen sang the National Anthem. I was super excited...I love American Idol! Chris still can't believe that I took a picture of Chris Allen.

Chris and some of the guys lined up for the National Anthem

The Saints take the field

Me and Stephanie (Chris' Mom) before the game

Me and Erin

The guys are huddled up before pregame. This is a picture of the big screen in the Super Dome.

Chris is welcoming some of his teammates to the field during warm-ups.

I had to take a picture of Brett Farve (#4). I mean he has been in the league since Chris was 6 years old...he's old enough to be his dad!

President George Bush (in the center) was in attendance last night at the game.

Overall it was an unbelievable experience! I am so excited that we won!
We're off to Miami to bring home a Championship!!

3 comments:

Trish said...

Congratulations to both of you!! Saints deserve it- y'all played your butts off last night!!!!

SO excited for the Reis fam - GO CHRIS!!!!!!

MamaToTyAndTodd said...

That's so exciting! Your mom was super excited tonight talking about their plans to attend the game. I hope you all have a fabulous experience!

Katie B said...

It was such a fun game to watch!!! So excited for the Saints, Chris, you...everyone...have fun in Miami!!!