Monday, April 21, 2008

Recipe of the Week...

So since we have been married, well since we moved to New Orleans last September, I have been trying out new recipes. I love cooking!!! Most of the time they are a hit, but every now and then I screw something up or make a poor choice on the recipe itself. Chris is always positive, even when I put too much pepper in the Carbonara last week...it was so peppery, but we ate it anyway...that's true love! :)

Well, our favorite recipe of the week (maybe just our favorite recipe period) is a "marinade" that you can put on just about anything. It's used on tilapia, but recently we used it on chicken. I can't take credit for it (I wish I could because it's so amazing), it's from Whole Foods. Ok, here it is, the recipe you've been waiting for.

Baked Southwest Tilapia

- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, depending on how spicy you like it...we leave it out)
- 4 skinless tilapia fillets, 6 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lime, cut into wedges

Preheat oven to 450°F. Rinse and pat tilapia dry. In a small bowl, mix garlic powder, chili powder, salt, black pepper and cayenne (again, optional). Sprinkle evenly over both sides of tilapia.
Coat a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Arrange tilapia in a single layer on the baking sheet. Drizzle the tilapia with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and bake 7 to 9 minutes or until tilapia is a light golden brown and just begins to flake. Garnish with lime wedges.
We serve it with either roasted red potatoes or mashed potatoes, fresh green beans and a salad.

Amazing!!! You should definately try it!

No comments: