Friday, December 10, 2010

Our First Reis Family Thanksgiving

Even though Chris and I have been married for almost 4 years, this was our first Thanksgiving where it was just the two of us! Usually on Thanksgiving, Chris is practicing or playing, so we just get together with some of the other players and their families. But this year, we were able to cook and enjoy time together as a family!
(The pictures are in reverse order)

The boys thought that they were going to get the leftovers...not a chance!!

This was our attempt at a "family picture". We propped the camera up on boxes, and it actually worked! We are laughing because we put some ham on the table so the boys would keep their paws up for the picture.

All throughout the meal, Kolsch and Ty waited patiently for a yummy morsel to fall!

Cheers to a wonderful meal together!

Our Thanksgiving spread consisted of a Honey Baked Ham (soooo yummy), some sliced turkey breast from Publix, green beans with lemon and feta, sweet potato casserole (topped with marshmellows of course), cherry/cranberry sauce and cornbread.
It turned out so great, if I do say so myself!

Loaded Cornbread

I got the recipe from a blog that Lindsay Tarquinio sent me:
http://www.healthyfoodforliving.com/?p=12869
I've been hesitant to post any recipes from this blog because I feel like it is a hidden gem. But, the secret's out! All of my favorite foods lately have come from this blog.
Thanks, Linds!!

Hot out of the oven

It was such a blessing to spend a Thanksgiving together!

1 comment:

The Spann's said...

looks so yummy! i wish we could have shared it with you - ty and kolsh crack me up! love you!