Friday, October 29, 2010

Our Last Saints Game of the 2010 Season

So October 3rd was the last Saints game that Chris played in, and the last one that I attended...and it was a crazy one! My best friend from high school, Ashley Spann, came to visit with her husband Matt...they left baby Brooklyn at home with Ashley's mom! They had never been to NOLA before, so they had a great time seeing the city! They also haven't been to too many NFL games, so seeing one in the Superdome was incredible! Ashley brought her super awesome camera and got some great shots!

I had to post this one. You get the full effect of Chris' flowing locks!
Oh yeah, his hair is super long!

This is us before the game! From 8th grade until we graduated high school, we were inseparable! We even earned the nick name "The Twin Towers" in high school basketball...sorry Ash, I had to put that! Ashley played post and I played forward...and oh yes, we dominated! After gradation, we still kept in touch, I was at UGA and Ash was at Samford. She is the only person from high school that I still talk to on a regular basis! I love her, and am so thankful for our friendship!

This is her husband Matt. He is doing his residency at UAB. He is super sweet!
The four of us had a great weekend!

Ok, so we were playing Carolina that day...huge divisional rival!

Here is Chris (on the left) making a block on punt return.

Ok, so going into this game, our starting strong safely Roman Harper was inactive because he had hurt his hamstring. Pierson Prioleau (pronounced Pray-low) was the starter in his place. Well, close to the beginning of the game, Pierson was blasted in the chest on a kickoff return. He had to leave the game with a bruised sternum and lung...he's fine now! So, next up at strong safely was, yep you guessed it, Chris!

Here is Chris lined up on defense. He was having an incredible game, until...

When he tackled one of the Carolina guys (I think a tight end...Chris corrected me, it was a full back), he dislocated his shoulder on impact. The head trainer and one of the docs came onto the field and had to put it back into place. It felt like forever...it was probably a good 10 minutes.

They finally got it back into place, and they took him into the locker room for x-rays. As you all know, the next day he had an MRI, and a few days after that he had shoulder surgery in Pensacola by Dr. Andrews to repair a fully torn labrum. After surgery, we went back to NOLA for a week to pack up, and we have moved to Pensacola for Chris to continue his rehab here at the Andrews Institute. He is doing great and getting the best care possible! We have gotten settled, and are enjoying spending a lot of time together, in between his physical therapy sessions and his workouts!

1 comment:

Brian and Trish Hutcherson said...

Chris??? ... Fabio??? Can't tell the difference with that hair!