Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Disco Fever...

Last weekend we headed to Orlando for a marriage retreat. On Friday night, the theme was Disco. Since Chris and I weren't alive during the Disco Era, we headed to a costume shop in Marietta to rent some authentic costumes. I think the pictures say it all.

Straight out of the 70s...look at that shirt!

Posing on the dance floor. In platforms, Chris was easily 6 foot 5.

Saturday Night Fever at its best!


The ballroom of the Loews Portofino Bay Hotel was transformed. It looked beautiful and the food was great!

Ali and Jon Stinchcomb flew in from New Orleans to join us for the weekend!

Trying out some dance moves...I'm not good at all, but I had fun!

Striking a pose...check out the heels on those shoes!

The costumes were a hit! We had a blast! The rest of the weekend we spent learning more about each other and our marriage. We were so blessed to be able to go to Orlando for the weekend. We hope to make it a yearly event!
A special thanks to Tim and La'Chelle Johnson and the Orlando World Outreach Family for inviting us and welcoming us into their family!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Ahhhh! These are awesome! I love it!
L.Bray

Brian and Trish Hutcherson said...

Oh. My. Word. I feel like a better person for seeing Chris in those shoes! LOL You guys looked great. :-)

The Spann's said...

You look straight up austin powers...love it

mom reis said...

There are no words!! Y'all look awesome! Much better than we really did back then!
Love you!
Mom
xoxoxo