We are having a blast in JBAY!
Over the past few days, we have been to the Cheetah Farm and Chris learned how to surf! At the Cheetah Farm, we were able to see two adult cheetahs, two meerkats, a 2 year old cheetah and lion cubs. Ola was the 2 year old cheetah that we were able to pet. She was beautiful and very sweet! She purred like a motor boat the whole time and was super calm. She let us pet her head, behind her ears, her back and tummy...pretty much wherever we wanted. She even licked Chris' hand and my hand...very rough sandpaper! When Chris pet her, she rolled over on her back like a dog...really funny! It was amazing! We have video and pics that I will post soon. Also at the Cheetah Farm, we were able to hold 2 month old lion cubs. They were so precious! One was calm, but one was very squirmy. We took lots of pics with them as well, so I'll post those too. Yesterday after lunch, we went to the beach. Neither of us have seen the sun in a while, so we are a little pink/red...even with 30spf. The sun here is super strong! It was fun though. Lindsay and I laid out while Gavin taught Chris how to surf. He was really good. I have some video of him riding a wave for a few secs. I'll try to post that too, but I'm not sure how video posts work, so we'll see if I can figure it out. They had so much fun that they surfed this morning before we went to Ithemba. At Ithemba today, we started painting canvases with the kids. It was so much fun! The kids are so cute! Linds and Gav sell the canvases at Orange Conference to raise money for Luo. They turned out beautiful! Well, we are headed home to Braai (that is Afrikans for grilling out). We Braai almost every night! We are learning a few Afrikans words. The spelling is way different, and the pronuncation is too, but we are learning. Dankie is thank you. Baai Dankie is thank you very much. Ausableef is please. It is crazy because some words we learn in Afrikans and some we learn in Cosa which is what most of the kids speak. We try to teach them some English words...they learn English in the afternoons at Ithemba, so they do know a few things. Overall, the experience is amazing! I cannot wait to get back to show off all of our pics. (FYI: Gav showed us how to use our camera. It can take some amazing pics! We have been using it and are very pleased with how our pics are turning out!) Ok, well, Linds and I are headed home. I'll try and post some more soon! We love you guys and miss you so much! We are excited about what God is doing here! Some incredible things are happening in JBAY, and we are excited to be a part of it!
Ec es leaf fear yo! (That means I love you in Afrikans...I spelled it how you say it, so I'm sure it isn't spelled that way, but you get the idea!)
No comments:
Post a Comment