Our flight left for London on Wednesday, October 22nd around 3pm. With the 8 hour flight and the time change, we arrived at the London Gatwick Airport on Thursday, October 23rd at 5:30am. After going through customs, we boarded the buses and headed for our hotel. The trip from the airport to the hotel took about 2 hours in London rush-hour traffic. We checked into the Grosvenor House (pronounced Grovesnor House)...probably one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at, if not the nicest. A few of the wives went to get breakfast before catching the bus to Harrods for some shopping. I didn't buy anything from Harrods, but did buy a bright yellow bag from H&M (you'll see it in the pictures).
Since the guys were there on business, they were gone most of the day. We (the wives) were able to do a lot of sightseeing...London is beautiful!
We were obsessed with the old phone booths. We decided to cram everyone in: Ali Stinchcomb is seated in the front, Emily Harrington is standing behind her, Michelle Campbell is standing to the left of Emily and Maria Savage is standing to the right of Emily, Jill Evans is in the back left and I'm in the back right.On Friday, we took a bus tour of the city. One of our stops was Buckingham Palace.
Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace
Tid bit of info: While we were in London, I heard an interview with pop-star PINK on one of the news shows. She had written a letter to the Queen asking her to stop using bear fur for the guards' hats. She was upset because she hadn't received a response. Anyway, I just thought that it was interesting that the hats are made of real bear fur...crazy!
A band escorted the guards to the palace.
Me in front of Buckingham Palace (yes, that's the yellow purse).
The right side of the palace is the side occupied by the Queen.While we were on our bus tour, we saw many of the famous sites of the city.
Westminster Abbey
Parliament BuildingThat's actually the name of the bell inside the clock tower, not the actual clock tower. We learned that on our tour.
The Eye is a huge Ferris Wheel that takes about 28 minutes to make a full revolution. You can see all of London. Chris rode on it on Monday with some of the guys.
The original London Bridge is in Arizona.
From left to right: Michelle Campbell (pregnant), me, Maria Savage (pregnant), Emily Harrington (pregnant), Jill Evans (pregnant), Blaire (Ali's friend) and Ali Stinchcomb
Yes, there are 4 pregnant wives in this picture and there are 2 more wives pregnant on the team. It's the year for having babies.
There is it, the yellow purse and me in front of the Cathedral.
Statue of Achilles in front of Hyde Park which was across from our hotel. London is the greenest city in the world (greenest meaning it has the most parks).
Harrods department store...it was like a huge Saks 5th Avenue...super expensive. Definitely didn't buy anything. Ali and I just strolled around in awe of the prices. 
These were painted on the street to remind pedestrians which way to look. It gets confusing, since they drive on the wrong side of the road. Our tour guide said that one tourist is killed a month because they don't pay attention to the crossing signs.
Noel Young and Emily Harrington in the streets of London.City of Westminster
Overall, our trip to London was amazing. I can't wait until we can go back. There were so many things that we didn't get to see. I would recommend London to anyone!
There were many more pictures, but I couldn't add them all. I'll be posting them to snapfish. If you're interested, shoot me an email and I'll send you the link.





2 comments:
Wow, Michelle! It looks like you had a great trip and London looks amazing. I'm jealous. :-)
London looks great... but, the purse! Well, it's all about the purse :)
Post a Comment