Thursday, November 5, 2009

Being Touristy

A few weekends ago my mom came into town for a long weekend. We had a great time, especially being touristy.

After lunch at Stanley, an amazing restaurant adjacent to Jackson Square, we took a carriage ride around the French Quarter. The mule that pulled our carriage was named Sugar Daddy. Our "guide" wasn't very good. I think he was drunk...honestly. He kept repeating himself. As we turned down the street, he would say, "on the left is this restaurant and on the right is this shop". He really just pointed out what we were seeing. It was fun though because we got to see the French Quarter and the weather was super nice out!

After our carriage ride, we walked around the French Quarter. Here's mom in front of Jackson Square. The St. Louis Cathedral is in the background. This church is the oldest Catholic Church in the U. S. that still functions as a church.

This is a restaurant in the French Quarter. The architecture in New Orleans is so unique.

Here's another carriage parked in front of the River's Edge Restaurant. We were standing across the street next to Cafe Du Monde when we took this picture.

I think this is a statue of Joan of Arc. It is next to the French Market.

I'm glad that my mom came. I feel silly being touristy by myself, so it was nice to have someone to share it with. I love you, mom!!!

No comments: