So my friend Emily Fridrichsen posted her favorite things about fall. She talked about boots, the trees turning beautiful colors, cooler weather and football. As I was reading her blog, it reminded me of how much I miss Georgia in the fall!
Here in New Orleans, it's still 90 degrees with lots of humidity. We're supposed to get a "cold front" this week, which means that temperatures will only be in the low 80s, maybe upper 70s if we're lucky. "Cold front"...what a joke! We aren't wearing boots yet, still shorts, tanks and flip flops. I just might break down and put on some boots this week. Most of the trees here are palm trees. We have a few trees that will turn colors, but not until November when it really starts to cool off. The one thing that we do have is football! We have Tulane here in the city. And, Georgia's SEC opponent the LSU tigers are about an hour from New Orleans in Baton Rouge (yes, that means the Red Stick...crazy, huh). But, more importantly, we have the Saints!!!! I might be biased, but going to a game in the Superdome is incredible!
So, even though I miss Georgia, I'm glad that we are spending another fall in New Orleans!
All you guys in the Southeast, wear some boots for me!
1 comment:
sad day...maybe around christmas you can wear boots! or at least when yall go hoem to visit! glad football season is going so weel for Chris! We watched them play yesterday!
Post a Comment