At the end of May, I drove over to Birmingham for a night to hang out with my best friend from high school, Ashley Spann. She lives in Birmingham with her husband Matt and their doggie Ellie. She is a financial analyst for Southern Progress. Matt is in his second year of residency at UAB. Even though we look opposite (blonde vs. brunette), we are very much the same!
Ashley and I met in 7th grade, but became best friends in 8th grade on our class trip to Washington DC. After that trip, we were inseparable! Besides playing basketball together, we had several classes together, liked some of the same boys and even double dated a few times. She even cut my hair one time...what were we thinking!?! Some of my favorite memories are with her, and I couldn't imagine high school without her!
We started the afternoon in Birmingham with some shopping in downtown Homewood. We found the cutest earrings...who knew that peace signs were coming back. After that we headed to the mall and browsed a few stores before going to dinner. We ate at this cute Mexican restaurant (not sure of the name, but it was similar to Cinco). We talked and laughed throughout dinner, just like we were in high school. After dinner, we headed back to her house to walk Ellie. The rest of the night we spent on facebook. I am not on facebook, but Ash showed me the ropes. We looked at people's pics and sent messages to people we haven't heard from in 10 years. It was hilarious!
Ashley and I met in 7th grade, but became best friends in 8th grade on our class trip to Washington DC. After that trip, we were inseparable! Besides playing basketball together, we had several classes together, liked some of the same boys and even double dated a few times. She even cut my hair one time...what were we thinking!?! Some of my favorite memories are with her, and I couldn't imagine high school without her!
We started the afternoon in Birmingham with some shopping in downtown Homewood. We found the cutest earrings...who knew that peace signs were coming back. After that we headed to the mall and browsed a few stores before going to dinner. We ate at this cute Mexican restaurant (not sure of the name, but it was similar to Cinco). We talked and laughed throughout dinner, just like we were in high school. After dinner, we headed back to her house to walk Ellie. The rest of the night we spent on facebook. I am not on facebook, but Ash showed me the ropes. We looked at people's pics and sent messages to people we haven't heard from in 10 years. It was hilarious!
I cannot tell you how much fun we had. I love catching up with Ash! We always just pick up where we left off. She is such an amazing friend! She continues to show me God's love and goodness no matter the situation. I love her caring spirit and her compassion for those around her. Thanks Ash for who you are! I love you girl!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment